Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Goals for the Semester

My first goal is to survive the semester with my job intact, my daughter intact and B's or higher in my four classes.

My second goal is to learn how to use the wiki portion of this class. I am very confused at this point in time as to how to use it. I have set up a home-page but I still have may questions and concerns about the wiki.

My third goal is to learn about creating a healthy balance between the use of technology in the classroom and the limitation of screen time. I feel strongly that children have far too much screen time daily and I feel that there is a lot of damage done to children because of this including:

Struggling social skills

Obesity

Increased sexuality

Awareness and practice of bad language and behavior

Low self esteem

My fourth goal is to learn effective ways of introducing technology into both elementary schools and preschools. I am currently a preschool teacher and we do have a preschool computer with some educational games but beyond that we do not have any of technology lessons in our plans.

Chelsea Szidik





1 comment: